Rate This App/Post:
1Password For Mac is a password manager that uniquely brings you both security and convenience. It is the only program that provides anti-phishing protection and goes beyond password management by adding Web form filling and automatic strong password generation. Your confidential information, including passwords, identities, and credit cards, is kept secure using strong encryption.
1Password fully supports major Web browsers, including Safari, Firefox, Chrome, and Opera. All browser extensions share the same encrypted data which means you never need to manually copy your passwords between browsers or from the password manager to a browser ever again!
1Password has received numerous awards, including 5 mice from Macworld magazine, MacLife Editors pick, and was the Pick of Week on MacBreak Weekly by both Leo Laporte and Merlin Mann.
1Password is also available for and syncs with Windows, iOS, and Android.
Secure made simple
- All your beautiful snowflakes are saved within 1Password, ready to be automatically filled when needed. It’s the simplest way to protect yourself from password reuse, data breaches, and PML (Password Memory Loss).
Add your own password ingredients
- Not all password requirements are created equal. The Password Recipe allows you to generate fantastically long passwords customized to your heart’s content.
Every password a unique snowflake A single click gives you a random, incredibly strong new password you can save for a new account or paste into apps like iTunes and Skype.
- Our new service keeps you informed about your security. Watchtower checks your Logins for known vulnerabilities and tells you which sites need new passwords.
Easy, secure sharing
- Create additional vaults and share them securely with your family or team members. Automatic syncing keeps everyone up-to-date.
- Keep your information organized by creating multiple vaults to separate client work, archive old logins and keep personal information personal.
- 1Password can show all your items with weak, duplicate, and old passwords so you can decide which ones to fortify and update. Get a quick look at the strength of each Login password on-the-fly, then update them as you see fit. Nothing puts you at bigger risk than re-used passwords. Quickly find duplicate passwords and replace them with strong, unique ones.
Teamwork via iMessage
- Need to share that WiFi password? You can share any 1Password item via obfuscated iMessage with people you trust. The recipient simply clicks to add it to their vault.
Vault to Vault
- When you are ready you can move your 1Password items from your personal vault to a shared vault. 1Password will then securely share them with your family or team.
- Updated 1Password browser code signature checks to support the latest Opera updates
OS X 10.10 or later, 64-bit processor