Rate This App/Post:
ABBYY Lingvo European quickly and accurately translates words and phrases without an Internet connection.
112 dictionaries for 7 languages (Russian, English, French, Spanish, German, Italian and Portuguese) are included in the application. All ABBYY Lingvo European dictionaries are licensed from leading international publishers. You may also like Simlab Composer
FEATURES AND BENEFITS:
- Get multiple translations and usage samples for each word meaning.
- Learn meanings of set expressions from general translation and idiomatic dictionaries, phrasebooks, and dictionaries of English slang and colloquialisms.
- View synonyms and antonyms, grammar notes, verb forms, and cultural information.
- Look up accurate translations in different subject-based dictionaries (such as a computer, engineering, law, medicine, and many others).
- Listen to the pronunciation of keywords for English, Spanish, German, Russian and French recorded by native speakers.
- Get word translation quickly by using the Services menu or shortcut (Command+\).
- Use pop-up translation by using Safari Extension.
- French-English and English-French: 2 dictionaries with 44,000 entries
- Spanish-English and English-Spanish: 2 dictionaries with 44,000 entries
- German-English and English-German: 2 dictionaries with 43,700 entries
- Italian-English and English-Italian: 2 dictionaries with 44,000 entries
- Portuguese-English and English-Portuguese: 3 dictionaries with 68,000 entries
- English-Russian and Russian-English: 40 dictionaries with more than 2,000,000 entries
- French-Russian and Russian-French: 17 dictionaries with 980,000 entries
- Spanish-Russian and Russian-Spanish: 5 dictionaries with 145,000 entries
- German-Russian and Russian-German: 23 dictionaries with 885,000 entries
- Italian-Russian and Russian-Italian: 11 dictionaries with 705,000 entries
- Oxford Dictionary of English. 355,000 entries
- Collins Cobuild Advanced Learner’s English Dictionary. 88,000 entries
- Russian: 3 dictionaries with 151,000 entries
- Added extension for pop-up brief word translation in Safari.
- Added words filtration when searching.
- Added word suggestions while input.
- Safari extension and Shortcut translation may now work without launching the main app.
- Added the ability to choose the separate translation direction for Safari extension and Shortcut translation.
- Added the ability to switch off the source language synchronization with the keyboard language.
- Updated the dictionaries set.
- Refreshed the app design.
OS X 10.11 or later, 64-bit processor