Rate This App/Post:
Adobe Dimension CC 2018 For Mac (formerly Project Felix) makes it easy for graphic designers to create high-quality, photorealistic 3D images. Composite 2D and 3D assets to build product shots, scene visualizations, and abstract art.
You think in 3D. Now designs on it.
Inexperienced 3D? No problem. With Dimension, there is no steep learning curve even a complex workflow.
New perspectives in product shots.
Visualize product photos, packaging designs and brand advertising material in real – world environments. Drag and drop a logo or vector graphic into a 3D model to see how it will look your design concept in real life. With the tools of the camera to move around the object, you can see how your graphics appear from all perspectives.
Get a chance. Omit the launch.
Drag and drop background images Adobe Photoshop CC and 3D models Adobe Stock, without leaving Dimension. Select the material, texture and background. Dimension automatically matches the lighting, perspective, shadows and more for perfect picture. Export your scenes as layers to take their work further in Photoshop.
Add dimensions to your art.
Create unique editorial to accompany digital images, design a storyboard or create your own original artwork with 3D photorealistic effects. Dimension opens the world of 3D design all kinds of digital artists.
What’s New ?
Place graphics on 3D surfaces
- Drag and drop a logo or graphic onto a 3D model to see how your design concept will look in real life. Experiment with different layouts — as you move your graphic around, it will maintain the same angle and orientation of your model.
Match image automation
- Select your background image and Dimension will automatically set the light, camera, perspective, aspect ratio, and more to make your object match perfectly. When you choose an outdoor image, Dimension detects the direction and strength of the sun, and automatically lights your object accordingly.
Familiar tools and shortcuts
- Interface with Dimension just like other Creative Cloud apps, such as Photoshop and Illustrator. Work smoothly with familiar interactions like file organization, color picker, drag and drop, selection targeting, and more.
Multi-layered PSD renders
- Get a rich set of layers in your PSD exports, giving you more capabilities and control for post-processing 3D composites. For example, easily replace your background image, change lighting, or recolor objects without having to re-render.
Material editing controls
- Control the placement and appearance of textures for your materials with offset, rotate and tile options. For example, adjust the direction of the grain on a wooden object to get your desired visual effect.
Add shadows and reflections
- Edit your ground plane properties to adjust the reflections and shadows.
Adobe Stock assets
- Get hundreds of free Adobe Stock assets that have been optimized for Dimension, accessible right inside the app. Customize your scene with thousands of 3D models, lights, and materials.
Real time render preview
- Dimension shows you a preview of what your final render will look like in real time, so you can get the look you want before taking the time to render. Play and experiment with different materials, lighting, and more and see how it looks as you go.
- Quickly learn the basics and benefits of working with 3D. Get to know the different tools in Dimension without leaving the app. Relevant information surfaces when you need it.
Camera view bookmarks
- Save specific camera positions and perspectives. As you design your scene, you can set a default view that you can return to easily.
Camera depth of field controls
- Control the focus settings for your camera to simulate realistic blur effects.
- Use Adobe Capture CC to generate physically-based materials from any image you take with your mobile device. Access your saved materials directly in Dimension via CC Libraries and apply them to your 3D objects.
V-Ray photorealistic rendering
- Dimension partners with Chaos Group, a world leader in computer graphics technology, to integrate their industry-leading V-Ray engine for the highest quality photorealistic rendering.
- Operating system: Mac OS X v10.10 (Yosemite) or later
- Memory: 8 GB of RAM or more
- Hard disk space: 2.5 GB available
- Graphics card: Intel Iris Graphics 540 or GeForce GT 750M
- OpenGL: OpenGL 3.2 capable system.
- Display: 1024 x 640 display
- Video memory: 512 MB of dedicated VRAM