Rate This App/Post:
Adobe InDesign CC 2018 is part of Creative Cloud. That means you have access to all the latest updates and future releases the moment they’re available. Sharpen your skills and master new tools with a rich and growing library of training videos. And Creative Cloud is integrated with Behance, so you can share your projects and get immediate feedback from creatives around the world. You may also like Adobe Acrobat Pro DC
Standout layouts. Only with InDesign.
Whether you work in print or digital media, InDesign can help you create layouts that leap off the page.
Make an impression in print.
Design everything from stationery, flyers, and posters to brochures, annual reports, magazines, and books. With the professional layout and typesetting tools, you can create multi-column pages that feature stylish typography and rich graphics, images, and tables. And you can prep your documents for printing in just a few clicks.
Digital publications. Dazzling interactions.
Create digital magazines, eBooks, and interactive online documents that draw people in with audio, video, slideshows, and animations. InDesign makes it easy to manage your design elements and quickly deliver immersive experiences for any format from EPUB and PDF to HTML.
Keep your team on the same page.
Design faster and smarter with tools built for collaboration. InDesign integrates seamlessly with Adobe InCopy CC, so you can work on layouts simultaneously with writers and editors. Access your Creative Cloud Libraries to share text, colors, shapes, graphics, and other assets with team members and keep your designs consistent.
Support for endnotes
Add endnotes to long documents and let readers go right from annotations in the text to corresponding endnote references.
Object Styles enhancements
Set or change an object’s size or position once and it updates everywhere in your document.
Make your paragraphs stand out by adding borderlines with custom corner designs.
Adobe Stock templates
Jump-start your layouts with Adobe Stock templates that you access right from the InDesign File > New menu.
- With Content-Aware Fit, InDesign can now intelligently fit the best part of an image when you place it inside a frame. The best part of the image is determined based on the dimensions and aspect ratio of the frame as well as by evaluating various parts of the image
- Layout adjustment in InDesign is now quick and easy. If you need to change the page size of a document after text and images have been added, you no longer need to manually adjust the text, images, or other elements
- The new Adjust Layout feature automatically adjusts all elements in the layout when the page size, page margin, or bleed of a document is changed
Import PDF comments:
- You can now import any marked up PDF into InDesign and easily track the feedback and comments noted in the PDF. You can accept comments and mark them resolved or unresolved. Selecting a comment also highlights the section in the document where the comment is applicable
- The new Properties panel in InDesign lets you view settings and controls in the context of your current task or workflow. This new panel has been designed with ease of use in mind, ensuring that you have access to the right controls when you need them
- The Properties panel is available by default in the Essentials workspace. You can also enable it from Window > Properties
Visual font browsing:
- You can now browse thousands of fonts from hundreds of type foundries from within InDesign, activate them instantly, and use them in your documents. The Fonts panel includes various new options to provide you an enriched experience while working with fonts. You can apply a filter to view only the recently added fonts. You can also select a sample text from the list of predefined text for font preview or select your own text as well. You now also have the option to change the font size while previewing the font
OpenType SVG fonts support:
- With the support for OpenType SVG fonts in InDesign, you can now provide multiple colors and gradients in a single glyph
OpenType SVG fonts: Multiple colors and gradients:
- Using OpenType SVG emoji fonts, you can include various colorful and graphical characters, such as smileys, flags, street signs, animals, people, food, and landmarks in your documents. You can also create composite glyphs. For example, using the EmojiOne font, you can create the flags of countries or achieve skin tone diversity in your glyphs
- Combine glyphs to form the flags of countries
- Combine glyphs to form the flags of countries
- Combine single-person characters with skin colors
- Combine single-person characters with diverse skin tones
Add footnotes in tables:
- You can now insert footnotes in a table in InDesign. The footnote text appears at the bottom of the text frame
- The reference number of a footnote in a table will be in continuation with the reference number of footnotes in that story
- Table footnotes are retained while importing Word documents and are exported to formats that support footnotes, such as PDF, EPUB, and HTML
Space between paragraph styles:
- You now have the ability to choose whether the spacing before or after affects the text of the same style. The Space Between Paragraphs Using Same Style option in the Styles dialog lets you specify a value for space between paragraphs having the same style. This value is used only if two consecutive paragraphs have the same paragraph style. If the paragraph styles of consecutive paragraphs are different, the value for the Space Before and Space After options are used
- You can now retain the filename while exporting a document. When you select the Use InDesign Document Name as the Output Filename option, the exported PDF will have the same name as the name of the document from the next export. Else, it will have the name previously entered by you
- You can now convert endnotes to footnotes and footnotes to endnotes in InDesign
- Now, while creating a package, you have an option to choose whether you want to create printing instructions for that package
- Select Create Printing Instructions from the Summary tab in the Package dialog box.
- Click Package
- Now, every document will remember its last export format. If the document is shared with another user or accessed from another machine, it will still retain the format in which that document was last exported
- The Index panel now has a larger area to display index entries, so you can locate them
- Also, you will find a new search box to search for an index entry. Simply type the text you want to search and use next and previous arrows to search in the index entries
- Now, with custom fonts, you can customize the look of forms in an exported PDF
OS X 10.11 or later, 64-bit processor