Rate This App/Post:
Affinity Photo–five years in the making–redefines the boundaries for professional photo editing software for the Mac. With a meticulous focus on workflow, it offers sophisticated tools for enhancing, editing and retouching your images in an incredibly intuitive interface with all the power and performance you need. You may also like ON1 Photo RAW
Engineered for Professionals
- Open, edit and save Photoshop® PSD files
- RGB, CMYK, Greyscale and LAB color spaces
- End-to-end CMYK workflow with ICC color management
- Full 16-bit per channel editing
- Work with all standard formats like PNG, TIFF, JPG, GIF, SVG, EPS and PDF
- Panning and zooming is always live at 60fps with live previews, live tools, and real-time editing
- Open and edit massive images without compromising performance or running out of memory
- Full support for unlimited layers, layer groups, adjustment layers, filter layers and masks
- Resize layers without any loss of quality. Lock, hide, duplicate and merge layers easily
- Edit live filters, adjustments, effects, blend modes and masks non-destructively
- Undo history can be saved with the document so you can always undo your changes
- Task-focused workspaces for developing, post-processing, liquify and export
- Work in windowed, full screen, or separated modes with fully customizable toolbars and drag and drop panels
- Comprehensive vector drawing and text editing tools
- An advanced snapping system with pixel-perfect alignment when required
- Export @1x, @2x, @3x from layers, slices or whole documents — continuously as you work!
Professional Image Processing
- Open RAW and other images in a dedicated pre-processing workspace
- Adjust exposure, black point, clarity, vibrancy, white balance, shadows, highlights and much more
- Recover detail thought to be lost by editing in an unbounded linear color space
- Advanced lens corrections including chromatic aberration, defringe, vignette and best-in-class noise reduction
- Paint areas or use fully customizable gradients to mask adjustments
- View histograms, blown highlights, shadows and tones as well as detailed EXIF information
Quality Retouching and Correction Tools
- Intuitive selection brush and refinement makes selections simple, even down to strands of hair
- Instantly remove unwanted objects with an incredibly advanced Inpainting brush
- Dodge, burn, clone, patch, blemish and red eye tools
- Smooth and retouch skin with built-in frequency separation
- Apply high-quality single-plane and dual-plane perspective correction as well as fully customizable mesh warps – all in real time
- Dedicated Liquify persona gives freehand control over warps, twirls, pinch, punch, and turbulence
Advanced Brush Engine
- Huge library of painting, drawing, textures and professional DAUB brushes included
- Create custom brushes and nozzles with full control over advanced dynamics
- Full support for Wacom and other graphics tablets, including pressure, tilt and shortcut buttons
- Real-time preview of your nozzle — see what you are about to paint or erase before you do it
Fast, Customizable Effects
- Massive collection of effects available, including blurs, distortions, tilt-shift, shadows, glows, lighting and many more
- Customize all aspects with precise controls, seeing a real-time preview of the end result before you apply
- Swipe-able split or mirrored screen always available for before and after views
- Choose to apply effects non-destructively with live effect layers, enabling you to erase away or mask effects after they have been applied
Built for Mac
- Takes full advantage of the latest OS X technologies including OpenGL, Grand Central Dispatch and Core Graphics
- Use the Force Touch trackpad to paint with pressure sensitivity
- Fully optimized for 64-bit and multi-core processors
- Supports regular, Retina, and multi-monitor setups — including the latest 5k iMac
- iCloud Drive support
- Selection refinement – performance and stability improvements.
- Fixed clone brush issues when sampling from the current layer & below.
- Inpainting performance improvements.
- Import 16bit half float JPEG-XR files properly.
- Allow .jxr files to be dragged in.
- Text performance improvements.
- Improved LAB color conversions.
- Fixed healing brush bugs.
- Fixed badly placed stepper buttons in tone mapping UI.
- Pantone palettes are now sorted alphabetically.
- Fixed crash when starting the app in a folder containing weird characters.
- Fixed yellow color cast on certain DNG files.
- Fixed 360-degree images losing metadata on export.
- Localization improvements.
OS X 10.7 or later, 64-bit processor