Rate This App/Post:
Autodesk Maya 2019 is a fully-featured professional 3D modeling, animation, rendering and composing solution that provides a wide variety of features and dynamic tools to simulate fluids, cloth, particles, and hair.
Moreover, Autodesk Maya For Mac is an industry-leading package that you can try for 30 days before buying. To install the Maya app you need to download the disk image, mount it with a double click and follow the instructions offered by the installer.
As expected from a 3D modeling, animation and rendering utility, Autodesk Maya’s installation process is quite lengthy and it will require a big chunk of your Mac’s hard disk space. You may also like Maya LT 2019
Complex and feature-packed 3D modeling and animation utility
Autodesk Maya’s interface might be overwhelming at first, especially for beginners, but you can learn how to use the app and how all features are organized by following the tutorials offered on the developer’s page.
All visual elements like animation, surfaces, polygons or dynamics can be accessed via tabs, while more advanced editing features are available in the Attribute Editor panel. Additionally, From the Timeline, you will be able to animate and manage the evolution of your modeling project with just a few mouse clicks.
Very simple to the script and a vast array of tools for effortless design automation
Thanks to Autodesk Maya’s open architecture, the embedded scripting languages (C++, Python, and MEL), along with the comprehensive Application Programming Interface, you will be able to create custom tools and script or program your work.
Professional users will be able to enjoy a smooth and fluid experience when it comes to animation as long as they have the appropriate rig.
Provides you with a streamlined design workflow and easy to access on-screen drawing tools
In addition, The Grease Pencil allows you to draw directly onto the screen. This feature comes in handy when you have to draw on frames, outline animated sequences and more.
If you enable the Modelling Toolkit you will have quick and easy access to handy features in the right-hand panel without having to search through the menus for the desired tool.
Comprehensive and state-of-the-art 3D designer, animator and renderer app for your Mac
As an extra advantage, the Autodesk Maya application enables you to fully preview your work in real-time and visualize your models before rendering and exporting them.
To conclude, Autodesk Maya is a powerful and well-designed animation, composting, rendering and modeling utility created to provide you with all the tools and features required by professional filmmakers, game developers, and graphic designers.
Version 2019.1 (x64):
- Incorrect initialization of complex attribute structure causes a crash on file open
- Invisibility Evaluator state does not always update
- Crash when baking key animation
- Butterworth filter undo is slow with large datasets
- Vertex and UV manipulation breaks on meshes with keys
- Interactive Bind Skin Tool: unable to shrink, move, or rotate the capsule
- Playback frame rate is slower than real-time if no other application than Maya is running
- NURBS evaluation crash with scenes containing animated surface modifiers
- Modifying deformer set confuses the connections
- Graph Editor: Retime tool cannot undo and leads to a crash
- Graph Editor: Euler filter is not processing sibling curves correctly
- Parallel Evaluation: Maya crashes when rendering frame 1 but not frame 20
- Select Playbast/Options crashes using Black Magic drivers
- Image plane performance is slow on Mac OS X
- Cycle warning when editing vertices on a blend shape target
- Crash when selecting IK Control
- Using weight blended skinning zeros all normals on mesh
- Cannot type in values for IK handle in Channel Box / Attribute Editor
- Maya graph editor hangs animating cameras
- Crash saving a file that has a HIK XML file using id 0
- Joint orientations not evaluating properly
- Butterworth/Key Reducer filter: Enabling “Preserve Keys by Tangent” when “Preview” is on, causes a crash
- Incorrect Squash and Stretch behavior in DG Mode
- Keying NURBS with Vis Connections Freezes Application
- Joint rotate pivot does not move
- Crash creating proxy attributes
- Crash deleting nodes from a simple rig
- Missing dependency propagation during graph construction causes a crash during playback or scrubbing
- Transforming multiple selected controls connected to a character set does not work
- Creating a set a second time duplicates the first set in the Outliner
- Missing sets in outliner when creating 10+ sets (or 2+ quick select sets)
- Incorrect Module path set with autoLoader.mll plugins
- Entering a backslash in the plugin manager search window causes it to become blank
- Creating a node from PyMel fails after the first instance
- Some python commands no longer auto-convert its parameters to strings
- Custom nodes (such as Mash waiter node) do not show in Outliner unless Searched
- Walk Tool Broken, Error: Line 1.47: “$walkToolMessage” is an undeclared variable.
- “File Save As” does not save to correct location (no longer defaults to the project location scenes directory, rather to the last location that was open)
- importTimeRange “override” is not working
- V-Ray Sets missing (like displacement) in the Outliner
- A newly created character set does not appear in the Outliner
- referenceQuery: “Cannot find the associated namespace” after renaming reference namespace
- Memory corruption and crash when the garbage collector invoked from a thread cleans up widgets
- Dictionary Attributes not being stored as expected
- Blend shape targets lost when importing FBX
- Crash when calling exit() in mayapy without standalone.uninitialize()
- Crashing when importing.ABC files with extra attributes added
- Mirror not working properly in -Z axis
- Maya crashes opening scene where polyPinUV history was previously deleted
- Maya crashes when using 3D Paint Tool on NURBS
- polyPlatonic, PolyDisc, polySuperShape, and PolyGear unavailable in batch mode
- Select > Inverse for NURBS CVs clears the selection
- Lag when selecting multiple large meshes while UV Editor is open
- Long pause when selecting a large number of small meshes while the UV Editor is open
- When replicating children of LOD_Group with input connections set to True, grandchild nodes are not duplicated
- art3dPaintCtx exportfilesave fails to export attribute map
- Boolean operations create invalid geometry causing Maya to crash
- Mirror Offset does not work
- Maya does not recognize the polydisc node in prompt mode
- Crash while deleting Components on instanced Objects (with a display of border edges on)
- Poly Mirror not working if “Cut geometry” is on and “Offset” is 0
- Light editor state becomes corrupt if referenced lights are deleted in the referenced file
- Maya: Crash on import of Maya scene with legacy render layers enabledUI:
- Save As path in File Dialog is not the path of the file opened anymore
- UI: field colors of non-keyable attributes are hard to read
- Unable to the re-dock toolbox(windows) without resizing. (Please see Notes section below for more details on this fix)
- MayaQWidgetDockableMixin the close event is never triggered when closing the window.
- Accessing freed memory when exiting mayapy from static initializers and destructors
- Workspaces: “Reset Current Workspace” does not restore widgets to their original size
- Outliner lags with a large number of elements (faces) expanded
- Selection of objects causes a continuous memory leak
- MHWRender::MIndexBuffer: Linux: wrong number reported by “dogs -GPU” when using custom buffers
- Wireframe not visible for geometry override
- Viewport 2.0 display of stereo cameras is incorrect
- MTextureManager always creates mipmaps
- Geometry corruption with UV Editor in Shaded Mode
- Viewport 2.0: nCloth: Connection Density Range curve from constraint node not updating
- the castShadows attribute is not evaluated properly if it’s connected to another attribute
- Skin-Delta Deformation Incorrect Behavior when Referenced
- Fixed broken draw and selection when plugin shape has -1 value for MVertexBufferDescriptor:: offset()
- Performance issue – updateRenderItems called every frame
- Display glitch whilst modeling in the viewport
- Maya 2018 UV Editor is slow when many other meshes are in the scene
- Some UVs are only visible when you zoom out
- IGS LinearWire Simulation behavior incorrect
- Utility tab of XGen editor in Maya 2019 is blank
- If you are using Maya 2019.1 Update with MtoA 3.2.0, you may experience a crash if you hide or unhide a light while Arnold RenderView is running.
- Workaround: Render with MtoA 3.2.1 instead. To obtain the installer,
- Unable to the re-dock toolbox(windows) without resizing. MAYA-97252
- Workaround: Set the environment variable MAYA_WORKSPACES_ALWAYS_SHOW_TAB to 1 so that the tab remains present and can be used to select, dock and redock.
OS X 10.9.5 or later, 64-bit processor