Rate This App/Post:
Backgrounds make your desktop dynamic with 6 themes: iTunes, Parallax, Quartz, Video, System and Time. It is designed for Mac users who want to make the backgrounds of their computer screens more attractive, stylish, and dynamic. This can be done by adding brand new features and helpful widgets to your screen to achieve an exquisite and original desktop appearance. You may also like LiveDesktop
1) iTunes: Shows the artwork of iTunes’ current track as a wallpaper. Or a music video
– Play a video that matches the current track, excellent for playing music videos.
– Use the track’s first artwork, a random one, the one that best matches the current display or all artworks changing every 20 seconds.
– Activates automatically when music is playing.
– Fullscreen mode is available.
2) Parallax: Give depth to your desktop by moving the cursor.
– Uses the user desktop image or images.
– Flip the x or y-axis movement direction.
3) Video: Play any video as your desktop wallpaper.
– Express yourself with your own videos and live wallpapers
– Add your own video loop to make it even better.
– Add multiple files and play everything as a playlist.
4) Quartz: Run any Quartz Composition as a wallpaper.
– Make your own Quartz Compositions or download them.
– Access to iTunes current track info.
5) System: Monitor the CPU and Network usage.
– Get a glance of your system from the Notification Center with the included widget.
– Set your own bandwidth speed limits or leave it as 0 for the dynamic mode.
– Set it as transparent for combining it with your Desktop Image.
– Adjust the pointer speed and the update frequency.
– Set the size and position that you like the most.
– Measure your connection as bits or bytes.
6) Time: Know the time from your Desktop.
– Customize attributes like the Font, Size, Position, Color, and Shadow.
– Show or hide the day, month and seconds.
- Adds the Theme submenu to the status icon menu in the menu bar
- Unifies the menu bar status icon menu with the Dock menu
- Adds Custom option for Video Idle Time
- Adds Reset Preferences for each display in Preferences > General as a contextual menu
- Video Match adds support for Spotify and Swinsian
- Adds support for files outside the Pictures folder
- Adds double click to show Desktop
- User experience improvements
- UI improvements
- Under the hood improvements
- Improves System theme and widget support in High Sierra
- Renames the Time theme to Clock
- Improves shadow drawing for Clock
- Improves default positioning for System and Clock themes and widgets
- Improves Video logic for skipping a file after it failed to load
- Bug fixes
- Fixes an issue that prevented rendering when entering full screen in Quartz
- Fixes some issues for Quartz when viewing in full screen
macOS 10.12 or later, 64-bit processor