Rate This App/Post:
Backgrounds make your desktop dynamic with 6 themes: iTunes, Parallax, Quartz, Video, System and Time. It is designed for Mac users who want to make the backgrounds of their computer screens more attractive, stylish, and dynamic. This can be done by adding brand new features and helpful widgets to your screen to achieve an exquisite and original desktop appearance. You may also like LiveDesktop
1) iTunes: Shows the artwork of iTunes’ current track as a wallpaper. Or a music video
– Play a video that matches the current track, excellent for playing music videos.
– Use the track’s first artwork, a random one, the one that best matches the current display or all artworks changing every 20 seconds.
– Activates automatically when music is playing.
– Fullscreen mode is available.
2) Parallax: Give depth to your desktop by moving the cursor.
– Uses the user desktop image or images.
– Flip the x or y-axis movement direction.
3) Video: Play any video as your desktop wallpaper.
– Express yourself with your own videos and live wallpapers
– Add your own video loop to make it even better.
– Add multiple files and play everything as a playlist.
4) Quartz: Run any Quartz Composition as a wallpaper.
– Make your own Quartz Compositions or download them.
– Access to iTunes current track info.
5) System: Monitor the CPU and Network usage.
– Get a glance of your system from the Notification Center with the included widget.
– Set your own bandwidth speed limits or leave it as 0 for the dynamic mode.
– Set it as transparent for combining it with your Desktop Image.
– Adjust the pointer speed and the update frequency.
– Set the size and position that you like the most.
– Measure your connection as bits or bytes.
6) Time: Know the time from your Desktop.
– Customize attributes like the Font, Size, Position, Color, and Shadow.
– Show or hide the day, month and seconds.
• Double click shows the current player when ‘Hide Desktop icons’ is enabled and ‘Double click to show Desktop’ is disabled
• Adds localization support and uses the user’s preferred language
• User experience improvements
• UI improvements
• Internal improvements
• Music and Video themes no longer register as now playing, leaving widget and media keys control to other apps like iTunes or Safari
• Fixes an issue in the System Network gauges that showed the total value instead of the value per second when an update interval different than 1 second was selected
macOS 10.12 or later, 64-bit processor