Rate This App/Post:
BBEdit is the leading professional HTML and text editor for the Mac. Specifically crafted in response to the needs of Web authors and software developers, this award-winning product provides a plethora of features for editing, searching, and manipulation of text. BBEdit transforms text with high performance.
An intelligent interface provides easy access to BBEdit’s best of class features including grep pattern matching, search and replace across multiple files, function navigation and syntax coloring for numerous source code languages, FTP and SFTP open and save, AppleScript, Perl, and OS X Unix scripting support, glossary support, and a complete set of HTML tools. you may also download Espresso for Mac
- Exercise Total Control Over Text
- Work YOUR Way
- Command Files, Folders, Disks, and Servers
- Enjoy Textual Omnipotence
- Live Up To Standards
- Integrate Smoothly Into Existing Workflows
- Fixed bug in which dropping an image into PHP code in a “PHP in HTML” document would not generate the appropriate tag
- Fixed bug in which using the character panel to insert characters into a shell worksheet would cause a crash.
- Fixed a crash which would occur when any built-in or codeless language module was overridden by a newer one.
- Made a change to fix a crash which would occur while performing a drag operation whose successful completion closed the window in which the drag originated. (An example of this would be dragging the only document from an editing window into the sidebar of another window.)
- Made a change to allow spell-checking to examine the contents of Python doc strings (triple-quoted strings).
- Fixed bug in which the completion panel would appear with the wrong line height in situations where the editor font size was set to something significantly larger than the factory default.
- Made a change to the Windows floater so that it obeys the
SortWindowsAndDocumentsByNameexpert preference (which defaults to,
yesso the net effect is that windows and documents in the floater are now sorted by name).
- Fixed a case in which the wrap limit while printing was not calculated correctly when the “Frame printing area” setting was in use.
- Added entries for the “Document Type” and “Character Set” submenu heads in the Markup menu for the Menus & Shortcuts preferences, so that these submenus can now be hidden if desired.
- Fixed a bug in which menu commands which had submenus would not respond to the checkboxes in the Menus & Shortcuts preferences, and would always be visible. One manifestation of this was that turning on any single item in the Markup menu after having used “Simple Menus” would cause all of the submenu heads to become visible in that menu.
- Fixed a bug in which certain menu commands weren’t processed correctly when the editing window was in full-screen mode, even though the menu command was enabled. (“Un/Comment Lines” and “Un/Comment Block” were the most common occurrence of this.)
- Fixed bug in which “Preview in BBEdit” would open the preview window invisibly small if the window for which the preview is being created was to the left of the display containing the menu bar on a multi-display system.
- Fixed a bug in which Preview in BBEdit windows would be placed offscreen when a zero-sized position got saved the last time the preview window was closed (as a result of the above bug). Inappropriate preview window bounds are now ignored, and in such cases the preview window will appear in its default location rather than offscreen.
- Fixed bug in which Command-right-arrow would not move the selection in cases where an entire soft-wrapped line of text was selected following certain operations (such as a Shift).
- Fixed bug in which “Convert to ASCII” did not correctly convert ellipsis (
...) and some other characters when it should have.
- Fixed bug in which folding or unfolding text would not mark the document’s state as needing to be saved, so simply making a change to folding was not enough to enable the Save command.
- Fixed a crash which could occur while opening FTP/SFTP browser windows programmatically (such as when restoring application state while starting up).
- Fixed bug in which alternate split views would sometimes not update while editing in the active view.
- Fixed a regression from the 11.6.x days in which attempting to open items from an SFTP server run by
- Fixed a bug in the CSS/SCSS language module in which certain constructs would interfere with auto-fold generation.
- Made a change to fix a crash when dismissing the text factory “choose sources” panel when running on Mac OS X 10.11.6.
OS X 10.9.5 or later