Rate This App/Post:
CleanMyMac makes space for the things you love. Sporting a range of ingenious new features, CleanMyMac lets you safely and intelligently scan and clean your entire system, delete large, unused files, reduce the size of your iPhoto library, uninstall unneeded apps or fix the ones that started to work improperly, manage all your extensions from one place and so much more – all from one newly designed and beautifully simple interface.
Your Mac deserves its own cleaning genius.
CleanMyMac 3 shows you what to clean, you just have to choose when. It scans everything on your Mac, including your Mac’s system, iTunes, Mail, iPhoto, Trash bins, and even old folders that have been secretly avoiding you. Plus, it knows exactly what can be safely cleaned from your Mac and what can’t. Almost like it’s got a brain or something.
- Macs are easy to use. Mac cleaners should be too. CleanMyMac 3’s Smart Cleanup relies on just one button to scan every inch of your Mac and then remove the junk it finds. And, it only selects files that are 100% safe-to-delete, so you never have to worry about removing the wrong ones. It’s not just an automatic cleaning utility — it’s incredibly smart.
Smart cleaners are safe cleaners.
- Our number one priority is keeping your Mac safe. We’ve been building our safe cleanup algorithm for over 6 years now. It’s called the Safety Database and is a list of rules, items, and exceptions that CleanMyMac 3 refers to every time it scans your Mac. With CleanMyMac 3, you can be absolutely sure that you’re only cleaning up the right files.
We’ve designed a system for cleaning yours up.
- When’s the last time you used one of your apps in Swahili? What about Tetum? That’s what we thought. And, there’s more than just language files that are wasting space on your system. CleanMyMac 3 lets you get rid of all the added extras on your Mac, without the worry of removing a critical file.
Trim gigabytes off your photo library — without losing a single picture.
- It’s not your photos that are wasting space, it’s the hidden copies in your iPhoto library. You see, anytime you edit or rotate a photo, iPhoto creates a duplicate of the original and hide it for safe keeping. This means gigabytes of useless copies. CleanMyMac 3 cleans out all of them without harming any of your photos.
Mail is a lot heavier than it looks.
- Each and every attachment you receive in Mail, from PDFs to signatures, get saved to your Mac. Know what that amounts to? A lot. Plus, if you want to manually clean out those gigabytes of attachments, you’d have to crawl through your entire mailbox searching for every single paper clip. Save yourself the trouble — CleanMyMac 3 is happy to take care of it for you.
There’s more than just tunes in your iTunes.
- iTunes stores gigabytes of files other than your music, including outdated device backups, old software updates, broken downloads, and more. But it’s easy to clean up with CleanMyMac 3. Just do a quick a scan of iTunes and you’ll have more space for your tunes in no time.
Bring old files out of the depths.
- Use CleanMyMac 3 to discover all the old files you’ve forgotten about on your hard drive. It scans folders and disk drives to show you the files that haven’t been opened in a long time. Why hang onto stuff you never use? Let CleanMyMac 3 gather it all together, and then you decide what’s worth keeping.
Most homes have more than one trash bin.
- Macs do too, and CleanMyMac 3 empties all of them with just a click. It finds all your Trash bins: external drive trashes, iPhoto trash, Mail trash, and other app-specific trash — and then empties them all out. So tonight, it’s your turn to take out the garbage. But luckily, all it takes is a click.
- Some bugs and crashes.
OS X 10.9 or later, 64-bit processor