Rate This App/Post:
DEVONthink Pro Office is a knowledge base, information manager, and much more. In today’s world, everything is digital. From shopping receipts to important research papers, your life often fills your hard drive in the form of emails, PDFs, Word documents, multimedia files, and more. Questions eventually pop up, like where do you store all of this stuff? How do you organize these very different file types, and even better, how do you find the exact file you’re looking for the second you need it? It’s almost as if you need a second brain just to keep your digital life straight.
DEVONthink is the solution to the digital age conundrum. It is your second brain, the one and only database for all your digital files, be they PDFs, emails, Word docs, or even multimedia files. Boasting a refined artificial intelligence, DEVONthink is exceedingly flexible and adapts to your personal needs. And if the files are not digital yet, digitize them with DEVONthink Pro Office.
Use it as your document repository, your filing cabinet, your email archive, or your project organizer; DEVONthink can do it all. You can even collect and organize data from the Web for your own use, enrich it with sound and movie files from your hard drive, and then export the finished product as a Web site or to an Apple Pages document to print, should you so desire. Or copy the content to your iPod! The possibilities are only as limited as your imagination.
DEVONthink Professional Office extends DEVONthink Pro with three additional modules: Pro-grade email archiving, paper capture including optical character recognition, and integrated Web sharing (search only.)
- Added commands Set Title, Set Author, Set Subject, and Add Tag to the contextual menu of the preview when entering metadata after OCR has been performed.
- Added support for JSON RSS feeds.
- Push notifications are now used to notify synchronized devices of changes available for immediate download. For syncing with your iOS device, DEVONthink To Go 2.7 is required. On the Mac macOS Sierra is also required.
- Added an alert to clean the sync store after changing the encryption key on a sync location.
- Renamed Go > Workspace > Update to Update (…). The last used workspace is now updated.
- Preferences > General > Always open groups in a new window has been renamed to Double-click opens groups in a new window.
- Custom icons on formatted notes and web archives are retained after changes are saved.
- The URL field of imported and indexed files will now only use downloadable URLs, like web page addresses, imported from the files’ metadata.
- When dragging or copying selections from plain or rich text documents, the reference URL of the record is included. Note: The use of the reference URL is up to the receiving application.
- Improved reliability when using Spotlight importers on macOS Mojave.
- Improved naming of files when dragging pages from PDF sidebars to the Finder. In addition, existing files aren’t overwritten in the Finder anymore.
- Improved handling of RSS feeds with no title.
- Improved reliability of the web server.
- Improved recognition whether an installed Mail plugin should be updated.
- Improved reliability, performance, and memory management of email archiving and indexing.
- The Support Assistant is now loaded from our website and uses styled, longer tips.
- Improved overall performance and reliability.
- Opening Preferences > Sync no longer immediately awakens external discs containing local sync stores.
- Setting the sync interval to Automatic now syncs more often.
- Improved handling of indexed files when synchronizing of indexed contents is disabled.
- Improved logging for troubleshooting purposes.
- Fixed an issue where an alert was not displayed after entering a license code for the wrong product or edition.
- Fixed an issue where dragging a snippet from web views (HTML, formatted notes, web archives, or Markdown previews) set the URL of the new item to the internal path of the source.
- Fixed an issue where entering license codes with organizations was broken since version 2.11.
- Fixed an issue where dropping images into the preview pane could replace the currently displayed image.
- Fixed an issue where opening the License panel could stall the application when there is a slow or unreliable network connection.
- Fixed an issue where the background color of the left/upper pane of Split or Three Pane views wasn’t always correct (macOS Mojave).
- Fixed an issue where the score of search results in the web interface wasn’t always correct.
- Fixed an issue where the size of the preview of a PDF in the metadata panel wasn’t correct after OCR is performed (macOS Mojave). Automatically Resize is now enabled by default.
- Fixed an issue where View > as Icons and View > as Split View could cause unnecessary console messages (macOS High Sierra and later).
- Fixed a rare crash caused by the Pantomime framework.
- Fixed an artifact in the list of databases in Preferences > Sync on macOS Mojave.
- Fixed an issue where cleaning sync stores could fail if an incorrect encryption key was entered.
- Fixed an issue where downloading indexed pending items could fail if the item was uploaded as an imported one and deconsolidated later if the Synchronize indexed contents sync location option was disabled on the Mac. This reduces also slightly the memory footprint and the delay before synchronizing, especially on iOS.
- Fixed an issue with syncing indexed file causing unnecessary download attempts.
- Fixed a rare crash that occurred while cleaning or verifying sync stores.
- Fixed a crash caused by corrupted sync status files.
OS X 10.9 or later, 64-bit processor