Rate This App/Post:
Trust Disk Diet to safely and easily clean your Mac. Ever had your Mac almost (or completely) run out of disk space? If so, you’ve probably also tried to find out what’s taking up so much space and how to get rid of junk. Sometimes this is easy, although most of the time a lot of the files that are hogging your Mac of much needed space can be tricky to find and remove safely. You may also like FastScripts
Here’s what you can clean with Disk Diet:
- Removes unused language translations from applications.
- Cleans up caches.
- Cleans out the downloads folder.
- Cleans out old iOS software updates.
- Cleans out the mail downloads folder.
- Cleans out old logs.
- Cleans out old developer folders.
- Empties the iPhoto trash.
- Empties the trash.
- Choose which drive to put on a diet, including external and USB drives.
We offer quick and easy support. If you have any issues, please email us and we will do our best to get back to you within one business day.
- This is a critical update, please make sure to install! We were made aware of a privilege escalation vulnerability (thanks to ob dev for reporting it) that affected Disk Diet. This update resolves it on macOS 10.12 or higher by installing a new helper tool. If you are running 10.10 or 10.11 you must upgrade to a newer macOS to be protected. Note: Apple only added the functions required to fix this properly in 10.12.
- [Fixed] Issue where it could be possible that the System Logs would not be available to clean.
- [Fixed] Issue where applications inside other apps would be shown in the Unused Applications.
- [New] Applications in the utility folder will be ignored for the Unused Applications.
- [New] Caches for VST Ensemble Pro will not be cleaned to avoid any potential issues.
- [New] Sizes over 1GB will now be shown in bold to highlight which ones to focus on.
OS X 10.7 or later, 64-bit processor