Rate This App/Post:
DivX introduces the latest codec and enables high-quality DivX HEVC video creation and video streaming with existing DivX tools. Based on the newest video compression standard, DivX HEVC strives to deliver up to 50% better compression than its H.264-based predecessor, DivX Plus HD.
DivX 10 is the first software of its kind to integrate support for HEVC video across its products, including Player, Web Player and Converter–providing a free, all-in-one solution for HEVC video.
- DivX Player delivers real-time, high-quality HEVC playback of HM11 encoded video up to 1080p
- DivX Web Player enables efficient HEVC video streaming featuring progressive playback and download in your browser
- DivX Converter offers free, simple conversion to DIVX, MKV, MP4 and includes including new DivX HEVC 720p and 1080p video profiles
Free components include
- DivX Player
- DivX Web Player
- DivX Converter
You can purchase the optional DivX Pro for $19.99, which allows conversion of DVD to DivX.
- Converter 10.8.6
- Player 10.8.6
- Web Player 3.8.6
- DivX To Go 3.8.6
- Media Server 10.8.6
- DivX Installer System 3.8.6
- DivX Control Panel 3.8.6
- Following version 10.8.6 we will stop active development for Windows Vista and Mac OSX 10.8. These will be considered ‘legacy’, along with Windows XP, Mac OS 10.6, and Mac OSX 10.7. No new functionality will be available for legacy versions, but you can use purchased products as long as you want. Also, you can migrate to a newer version using DivX 10 license keys after upgrading your Operating System. To enjoy all the new DivX Software features, please upgrade your Operating System to a supported version.
- DivX Player supports HDR playback. Currently, this feature is being beta tested
- DivX Player delivers updated HEVC codec (faster and smoother playback)
- DivX Player is capable of displaying subtitles with right-to-left scripting as well as double-byte, such as Arabic, Hebrew, Chinese, Korean, Japanese and others
- DivX Converter supplies tailored profiles for your PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, and PlayStation 4 Pro, including 4K AVC playback
- DivX Converter provides brand new HEVC full 4K (4096×2160) 120fps encoding profile
- DivX Converter now allows you to share files through DivX Media Server with one click
- DivX Converter provides better control over framerate normalization. If you experience non-synchronous clips, check application settings
- DivX Media Server supports streaming in native resolution for Chromecast without content transcoding
- DivX Media Server provides streaming to PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 4 Pro in original formats
- DivX Media Server support casting in HDR format
- Set of minor bug fixes and improvements
- DivX Web Player doesn’t work in Chrome/Chromium and Opera Web browsers due to NPAPI API removal
- For Mac OS X versions prior to 10.7 (Mac OS X Lion), contact our support team for assistance
OS X 10.7 or later, 64-bit processor