Rate This App/Post:
Downie may seem like a simple drag-and-drop app – and it is and isn’t at the same time! It is designed to be simple to use – just drag and drop a link onto Downie and it will download the video on that site. It isn’t simply another YouTube-downloader: Downie supports at this moment over 160 different sites! The full list may be viewed in Downie’s preferences, under the Sites tab. You may also lick MediaHuman YouTube Downloader
If you are using a poor internet connection, trying to visualize videos streamlined online might not work properly since the content is loaded too slowly. Downie is a simple Mac app that can help you download those videos to your computer, and then watch them by using your default media player.
- Supports many sites – currently support over 160 different sites (including YouTube, Vimeo, etc.) and the number is rapidly growing.
- Postprocessing – need your video in MP4 for iTunes? Or want just the audio track? No problem, Downie can handle this for you automatically!
- Quick support – I respond to emails usually within 24 hours and often add support for requested sites in the next update.
- Fast updates – Downie is updated about once a week with new features, sites supported, etc.
- 4K video YouTube support – unlike many other YouTube downloaders, Downie supports HD video on YouTube, up to 4K.
Here are a few tips for using Downie:
- To start, you can drag a link from any browser either on Downie’s window, or the icon in the Dock.
- If you have more links or links within some text, just drop the whole thing onto Downie – it will scan the text for links.
- You can use copy and paste as well – just press Command-O in Downie and you can insert all the links in the world!
- New: animalplanet.com, awaan.ae, espn.com/watch, halihali.tv, nydailynews.com.
- Improved: bbc.co.uk, bilibili.com, cbs.com, fox.com, france.tv, iqiyi.com, linkedin.com, mediaset.it, rai.tv, srf.ch, sohu.com,
- soundcloud.com, sproutvideo.com, ted.com, tv7.fr, vimeo.com, welt.de, youtube.com, youku.com.
OS X 10.11 or later,64-bit processor