Rate This App/Post:
EtreCheck is an app that displays the important details of your system configuration and allows you to copy that information to the Clipboard. It is meant to be used with Apple Support Communities to help people help you with your Mac. EtreCheck automatically removes any personally identifiable information from the output. You may also like Secret Folder Pro
EtreCheck will automatically alert you to serious problems like adware, insufficient RAM, or a failing hard drive.
- Detects over 50 specific problems and identifies them as serious or minor.
- Generates a detailed text report describing the state of your computer. You can review this report yourself or post it on the internet for someone else to help you. The text report is anonymous, removing any personal information to protect your privacy.
- Clearly identifies major and minor issues and shows which part of the report is responsible for the issue.
- Identifies and helps you remove adware
- Analyzes storage space and displays it in an interactive pie chart to help you safely recover free space. (Storage analysis feature requires EtreCheckPro and OS X 10.11 “El Capitan” or later.)
Power User package
- Provides an advanced user interface with additional information, links to information from Apple and other sources, and buttons to easily access system settings and files in hidden directories.
- Provides a graphical, interactive display of analytics information over the past few days. (Analytics feature requires EtreCheckPro and macOS 10.13 “High Sierra” or later.)
- Provides access to computer-generated solutions in case you don’t want to post your EtreCheck report on the internet. Solutions include one or more step-by-step tasks you can follow to help resolve your computer problems.
- The Power User package is an optional in-app purchase. It can be activated on up to 6 separate machines. The purchase process is different if you are using EtreCheck or EtreCheckPro:
OS X 10.8 or later, 64-bit processor