Rate This App/Post:
Alien Skin Eye Candy Mac renders realistic effects that are difficult or impossible to achieve in Photoshop alone, such as Fire, Chrome, and the new Lightning. Effects like Animal Fur, Smoke, and Reptile Skin are rendered in exquisite detail down to individual hairs, turbulent wisps, and shiny scales.
Eye Candy helps you quickly explore and design looks. In Eye Candy 7, effects are chosen through easy to recognize icons rather than text menus. Presets are rapidly previewed by simply mousing over them. The theme is less clicking and more visual browsing.
Alien Skin Eye Candy 7 Features:
- Even Easier: We completely rewrote the Eye Candy user interface to make it easier to explore. The theme is less clicking and more visual browsing. Eye Candy 7 is now a single entry in Photoshop’s filter menu. That means that you can explore all of our effects without leaving the Eye Candy window. Instead of choosing an effect category by reading a text list, you’ll see icons that show typical uses of each effect. Click the image below to see the full size as it appears in Eye Candy 7.
- New Effects: By popular demand, we rescued the best effects from our discontinued Xenofex product: Lightning, Electrify (seen above), and Clouds. We rewrote them for our new Eye Candy 7 framework, which provides faster previewing, better-preset management, and easier experimentation.
- Realistic Effects: Realism sets Eye Candy effects apart from the generic filters built into Photoshop. Effects like Animal Fur, Smoke, and Reptile Skin are rendered in exquisite detail down to individual hairs, turbulent wisps, and shiny scales. Eye Candy helps designs look natural and organic.
- Adaptation: Eye Candy scales effects to match the size of your current artwork. That makes it less likely that you will have to tweak a preset to make it look good.
- Non-Destructive Editing: Effects are drawn into a new layer, leaving your original artwork untouched. Eye Candy can also work as a Smart Filter, which lets you modify or remove the effect later. You can save presets to consistently recreate your favorite looks.
- Professional Features: Eye Candy can handle images in CMYK mode and 16-bits/channel, which are needed for professional print work.
- Release notes were unavailable when this listing was updated.
OS X 10.7 or later