Rate This App/Post:
FileMaker Pro Advanced includes all of the features of FileMaker Pro plus a suite of advanced development and customization tools. Get features to design and develop solutions faster and easier. Plus, get robust analysis capabilities, powerful debugging tools and much more. If you develop solutions for your business and want to build more powerful and more flexible solutions, then FileMaker Pro Advanced is for you.
New! Enhanced Data Viewer
Increase your productivity with auto-complete for function names in the Data Viewer. Plus, automatically evaluate results for functions and resize the Edit Expression window to easily view all results.
New! OAuth 2.0 support for accounts
Use your existing Amazon, Google, or Microsoft Azure account credentials to log in to your FileMaker-based custom apps.
Get started quickly
Choose from a variety of predesigned Starter Solutions to manage contacts, inventory, projects, and more.
Import existing data
Bring your existing data into FileMaker Pro, including .CSV, Tab, XML, ODBC, and Microsoft Excel files.
Customize with ease
Use flexible design tools to make your layouts look and work just the way you want — without extensive development experience or IT skills.
Integrate with other programs
Exchange and interact with data from other applications. Plus, create live, 2-way connections with Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle and MySQL data sources.
And Much More…
Scripts and script steps
- When a layout contains multiple instances of a field, and a script that includes the Go to Field script step is run, the first visible instance of the field, based on its creation order on the layout, will have the focus. To specify a particular instance, use the Go to Object script step instead.
- When an empty portal that does not allow the creation of records is the target of the Go to Object script step, the script step returns error code 101 (“Record is missing”).
- To allow ActiveX and Apple events to continue performing FileMaker actions, you must add the new fmextscriptaccess extended privilege to privilege sets of existing accounts.
- To allow URLs to continue running FileMaker scripts, you must add the new fmurlscript extended privilege to privilege sets of existing accounts.
Fields and layout objects
- When an audio or video file is embedded in a container field and multiple clients play the content at the same time, it may not play correctly. For better performance of audio or video content that will be played by multiple clients, set up the container field to store data externally.
- macOS: The technology used in web viewers has been updated to include security enhancements. See the FileMaker Knowledge Base.
- In FileMaker Pro Help, in the “Open Launch Center” topic, this script step should be marked as compatible only with FileMaker Pro.
- The following functions were omitted from chapter 4, “New features,” in Installation and New Features Guide:
- CryptEncrypt – Encrypts data with the specified key and returns container data.
- CryptEncryptBase64 – Encrypts data with the specified key and returns text in Base64 format.
- CryptDecrypt – Decrypts container data with the specified key and returns text or container data.
- CryptDecryptBase64 – Decrypts Base64-encoded text with the specified key and returns text or container data.
OS X 10.9 or later, 64-bit processor