Rate This App/Post:
Forecast Bar, powered by Forecast.io, offers hyper-accurate, hyper-local live weather and forecasts right in your menu bar. With beautiful background images matching current weather conditions and time of day, along with a simple and clean interface, you will find yourself checking the weather non-stop!
Tapping on Forecast Bar opens up a gorgeous panel full of rich and relevant weather information, including:
- Current conditions, with current, feel like, high, and low temperatures, as well as relative humidity
- A succinct description of the weather for the next hour, and the next 24 hours
- Rich, animated charts showing temperature and rain forecasts
- When rain is detected in the next hour, an animated chart showing rain intensity
- 5-day forecast, with high and low temperatures and weather conditions
- Stunning animated icons for each weather condition
- The full description of all local NWS severe weather alerts (the U.S. only), including Notification Center support
Tapping again on the forecast displays a rich, animated panel with additional information, including:
- Current wind conditions with an animated compass
- Dewpoint and humidity readings, with a “mugginess” animated gauge
- Pressure indicator with trend information
- Sunrise and sunset times for the day
- Visibility reading
- You can also tap on any day’s forecast to see a full 24-hour temperature and precipitation chart.
- Forecast Bar offers full support for light and dark menu bar modes, and carefully conserves your computer’s power.
- Forecast Bar automatically uses your location or allows you to type in any location to get weather reports.
- This huge update brings a brand new weather provider from The Weather Company! Powered by IBM’s Watson, The Weather Company provides access to thousands of hyper-local personal weather stations bringing you the most accurate reports as well as long-range 14-day forecasts. Additionally, we’ve crushed bugs and issues reported by customers.
OS X 10.10 or later, 64-bit processor