Rate This App/Post:
Hands Off! is an application to monitor and control the access of applications to your network and disks. Being able to monitor the normally unnoticeable activities enables you to make informed decisions regarding the transfer of your private information, hence avoiding confidential information leakage.
When connected to the Internet, applications can send any information stored on your computer to whoever they want without you ever knowing. Using Hands Off!, you can monitor and control Internet connections from all applications as to expose hidden connections and prevent them from sending data or phoning home without your consent.
Safely run untrusted applications
Manage disk access so dubious programs cannot obtain confidential information. Avert permanent changes or data loss by prohibitting disk writing. Prevent viruses and other malware infiltration.
Designate friendly applications
Specify which applications should be trusted with specific operations. The flexible configuration enables the smooth running of your activities while maintaining top security.
– Prevents applications from phoning home
– Blocks outgoing network connections
– Blocks incoming network connections
– Blocks domain name resolving
– Easily blocks multiple subdomains
– Protects from trojans, worms and network parasites
– Supports IPv4, IPv6 and local networks
– Prevents applications from reading your files
– Prevents applications from storing cookies
– Blocks read and write file operations
– Flexible configuration
– via rules for applications communicating through Unix tools
– Detailed information in notifications
– Notifications with simple keyboard control
– Global rules applicable to all users
– Privacy in multi-user environment
– Instant protection after installation
- Support for macOS 10.13.1
- Enhance installer to support user approval for third-party kernel extensions on macOS 10.13
OS X 10.9.5 or later, 64-bit processor