Rate This App/Post:
Jump Desktop is an extremely simple to use OS X remote desktop application designed to enable its users to safely and securely connect to other computers over their local area network or the internet.
Moreover, the Jump Desktop app is compatible with both VNC and RDP desktop sharing protocols, a fact that makes it a swiss army knife for people that need to access remote machines on a daily basis.
Easy setup and reliable:
Jump Desktop is very easy to configure; anyone can do it!
Jump encrypts the connection between computers to ensure privacy and security. Automatic connections are always encrypted by default. Supports NLA, TLS/SSL encryption for RDP. SSH Tunnelling and SSL/TLS encryption for VNC.
Use Mac keyboard shortcuts in Windows. Seamlessly switch between computers without changing the way you use the keyboard. Vastly improves productivity. Fully customizable: Configure your own shortcuts or use the built-in defaults. No other app comes close.
Integrated into macOS
Quickly search and launch computers directly from Spotlight. Tightly integrated into macOS’s power saving technology to give you the best battery life on the go. Tabbing support.
Super fast and beautiful:
Powered by one of the fastest VNC and RDP engines on the planet. Multi-core, hardware accelerated rendering for zippy performance. Optimized for MacBook Pros and iMacs with Retina display
- Multi-protocol: supports RDP, VNC, and Fluid Remote Desktop
- Full international keyboard support for RDP, VNC, and ARD
- Dictation support (Mountain Lion and later)
- Tabs (macOS Sierra and later)
- 3 different ways to zoom and pan the remote screen (really useful when controlling multi-monitor remote systems from laptops)
- Easy and secure setup: Automatically configure your PC or Mac for remote access without worrying about
- your router settings. Set up as many computers as you like and manage them all using your Google account (optional)
- Built-in SSH tunneling for RDP and VNC connections
- Tested on: Windows 2000, XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Server 2003, Server 2008, Server 2008 R2, Server 2012/R2/2016, SBS Server, Windows 10
- RD Broker and Load balancer support
- RD Gateway support
- Dynamic resolution updates (Win 8.1/2012 R2+)
- Desktop Scaling (Win 8.1/2012 R2+)
- Multi-monitor support
- Secure: 128-bit RDP, TLS/SSL, FIPS and NLA authentication supported
- Printing redirection support (including a optional , super-fast server side-driver)
- Audio streaming
- Console sessions
- Folder sharing
- International keyboard layouts
- Tested with macOS 10.5+, TightVNC, RealVNC, UltraVNC, Linux (Ubuntu Remote Desktop)
Secure: Supports SSH tunneling as well as SSL encryption (SSL only available when using automatic setup)
- Black and white, Grayscale, 8-bit and 16-bit color modes to help manage bandwidth
- Clipboard syncing
- Multiple monitor support
- RDP: Setting desktop scale to 125% scale didn’t work and has been replaced with 130% scaling.
- App startup might be slow if a network drive is selected in RDP’s Shared Folder list
- Some users could not log into their Jump Desktop accounts
- Passwords might not be saved properly
OS X 10.8 or later, 64-bit processor