Rate This App/Post:
Luminar 2018 is the new full-featured image editor that adapts to the way you edit photos. Over 300 essential tools to fix, edit and enhance your photos with comfort. The future of photo editing is here. You may also like Duplicate Photos Fixer Pro
Adaptive Interface Inspires You Do to More – While other photo editors make you adapt to their interface, Luminar adapts to your skill level. There is no need to face dozens of sliders if you simply want to remove an object from an image or apply a preset. But if you do need to perform some serious tasks, you can easily access all the advanced features.
Powerful Tools Allow You to Do More – Luminar lets you remove unwanted objects, color casts and digital noise. It helps you retouch skin and reveals the hidden details in your photos. It features layers with blend modes, texture overlays, and powerful image masking. Easily edit upper and lower sections of the image without having to make any selections. And so much more!
State-of-the-Art Darkroom You Design Yourself – The workspaces in Luminar reveal only the most essential photo filters for a specific type of photo. Enjoy default workspaces and effects for landscape, portrait, street and B-and-W images. Or create your own, based on your preferences.
New Approach to Pro Photo Editing – Luminar combines all kinds of pro-level photo effects and tools in one package. It brings layers, luminosity masks, radial and gradient masking, histogram, blend modes, brushes for selective editing, color mixer, split toning and a lot more.
- Fast Raw file support
- Dozens of photo filters
- Presets for instant results
- Blend Modes
- Custom textures
- Adaptive UI
- History menu
- B-and-W photo tools
- Noise reduction
- Object removal
- Face retouching
- Foliage enhancer
- Grain engine
- Polarize filter
- Crop and Transform
- Editing brush
- Luminosity masking
- Gradient and Radial masking
- Clarity, Detail, Structure
- Soft Glow and Focus
- Orton effect
- Social sharing
- And much more
Take advantage of these new features.
• DATABASE MANAGEMENT. Your Luminar 3 image catalog database is automatically backed up to preserve your edits and metadata. You can control the frequency of backups with the new Preference Panel.
• PREFERENCE PANEL. Take control of your preferences settings by choosing Luminar 3 > Preferences. You can specify options for Cache, Catalog, and Automatic Backup.
• IMPROVED HANDOFFS. If you’re working with a raw file or 16-bit image and use the File > Open In command, a high-quality 16-bit file are exported.
• AURORA HDR INTEGRATION. Easily handoff bracketed photos to merge in Aurora HDR. Just select multiple photos in your library and choose File > Open In > Aurora HDR.
• Please note that when sending images, your original, unmodified photos are used. When finished in Aurora HDR, be sure to save a TIFF or JPEG file back to the original folder to add it to your Luminar library.
• LOCATE FOLDER. Have you moved or copied media to a new location? You can right-click on an offline folder and choose Locate Folder to select and reconnect files.
• ADDING FOLDER IMPROVEMENTS. Change your mind when adding a folder? Just click Cancel to stop the current task.
• IMPROVED NAVIGATION. Quickly switch between Gallery and Single Image view with dedicated toolbar buttons.
• NEW LANGUAGES SUPPORTED. Use Luminar 3 in more languages with new localizations:
• Chinese Simplified
• Chinese Traditional
• SAFER IMPORTS & COPIES. Luminar 3 will alert you if you try to import or copy more files to a new destination when there’s not enough hard drive space.
• IMPROVED EXPORTS. If you try to export images that already exist in a location you’ll be prompted to control if the files are overwritten or renamed.
Get additional speed and performance from the Luminar update.
• IMPROVED MOVING. When files are moved between an external and internal drive, the images are not duplicated multiple times in your library.
• IMPROVED FOLDER MANAGEMENT. Are you done with a folder? You can now remove the parent (root folders) from your library and delete it from your hard drive too.
• IMPROVED sRGB EXPORTS. Some cameras showed color shifts when exporting with the sRGB profile. This has been addressed.
• IMPROVED LUMINAR 2018 PROJECT FILES. Opening native Luminar files (.lmnr files) created on the Windows platform is improved.
• STABILITY. Thanks to our users for reporting different issues. This version of Luminar offers general stability improvements.
New Cameras Added
The following new cameras are supported by this recent update:
• Nikon D3500
• Nikon P1000
• Nikon Z6
• Nikon Z7
• Panasonic Lumix DC-LX100 II
• Fujifilm GFX 50R
• Fujifilm X-T3
• Sony RX100VA
• Sony RX100VI
• Sony DSC-HX99
• Sony DSC-HX95
• Leica M10-D
• Leica M10-P
• Leica D-Lux 7
OS X 10.10.5 or later, 64-bit processor