Rate This App/Post:
Mathematica is the tool of choice across the technical world for everything from simple calculations to large-scale computations, programming, or presenting. Throughout industry, government, and education, two million people – from students to Nobel Laureates – use Mathematica to achieve more.
Mathematica seamlessly integrates a numeric and symbolic computational engine, graphics system, programming language, documentation system, and advanced connectivity to other applications. It is this range of capabilities – many world-leading in their own right – that makes Mathematica uniquely capable as a ‘one-stop shop’ for you or your organization’s technical work.
About Wolfram Research
Founded by Stephen Wolfram in 1987, Wolfram Research is one of the world’s most respected computer, web, and cloud software companies—as well as a powerhouse of scientific and technical innovation. As pioneers in computation and computational knowledge, we have pursued a long-term vision to develop the science, technology, and tools to make computation an ever-more-potent force in today’s and tomorrow’s world.
- Over 130 new functions across a wide range of application areas
- 20 new neural net layer types, and seamless support for recurrent nets and variable-length sequences
- NetModel to access a growing repository of complete trained and untrained neural nets
- FeatureSpacePlot for machine-learning-based visualization of spaces of data, images, text, etc.
- New machine learning functions, including SequencePredict, ActiveClassification and ActivePrediction
- Record audio directly in notebooks using AudioCapture, readying it for immediate processing and analysis
- Do arithmetic (with *, -, etc.) directly on 2D and 3D images
- Extended support for computational photography and computational microscopy
- ImageGraphics to find vector graphic approximations to bitmaps
- Space-filling and fractal region constructors such as HilbertCurve and SierpinskiMesh
- New robust and spatial statistics, including WinsorizedMean and SpatialMedian
- GeoBubbleChart, as well as extended support for Callout, ScalingFunctions, etc.
- Support for derivatives with symbolic orders
- Higher-resolution geo elevation data
- Seamlessly integrated external services for web search, web image search and text translation
- Broad PersistentValue system for storing values between sessions locally, in the cloud, etc.
- AutoCopy for seamless distribution of separately editable notebooks in the cloud
- Creation of WolframScript .wls files with a notebook-based script editor
- Self-executing Wolfram Language scripts extended to Windows
- New, responsive design for all documentation and online examples
OS X 10.9 or later