Moneydance is a full-featured personal financial management application that includes features such as online banking, online bill payment, investment management, budget tracking, scheduled transactions, check printing, detailed graphs, reports and much more. Moneydance’s easy-to-use interface sets it apart from other financial software.
- Online Banking – Moneydance can automatically download transactions and send payments online from hundreds of financial institutions. Moneydance learns how to automatically categorize and clean up downloaded transactions.
- Account Graphing – Use the graphing tool to generate visual reports of your income and expenses. Set the graph type, the date range, and any specific settings for the type of graph you desire. Pop-up balloons display more information about the data being graphed as you move the mouse pointer over different regions of the screen. Graphs can also be printed or exported to image image files.
- Reminders and Scheduled Transactions – Transactions and notes can be easily scheduled to remind you when they are coming up or are past due.
- Account Register – This is used to enter, edit, and delete transactions in an account. It is visually similar to a paper checkbook register, except the calculation of balances and sorting of transactions is all done automatically. Entering transactions is easier with the payee auto-complete feature; this reduces the number of keystrokes necessary for entering many similar transactions.
- Workaround for file load/save window crash on macOS 10.13 (High Sierra)
- Fix issue that duplicated existing transactions after they were changed on a mobile device
- Fix built-in text file import to not ignore credit_amount and debit_amount fields
- Fixed issue with online banking/investment connections to Vanguard
- No longer dismiss the new-file-from-sync window until the initial sync has successfully completed
- Avoid warning/info messages when custom security subtypes are loaded or changed
- Handle situations in which synced data can be left inconsistent if Moneydance crashed or was killed before the initial sync completed
- Ignore some generic prefixes in the description/payee fields for the purposes of finding similar downloaded and local transactions
- Added encrypted storage and handling of HTTP cookies for OFX connections
- Added markers showing the date and price of buy or sell transactions on the security detail graph (thanks to James Larus!)
- Prevent unnecessary modifications which require pushing new data sets to mobile devices and sometimes causing numerous Dropbox modification exceptions
- Fix bug in which the ‘other amount’ field for a transaction is editable even if the transaction being edited is split
- Fix bug that auto-set an incorrect historic rate or stock price when manually entering a dividend transaction
- Dropbox sync uploads now no longer invoke notifications
- Performance improvements mostly related to investing and currencies with many historical price entries
- Added keyboard shortcuts for marking selected transactions as uncleared, reconciling, or cleared
- Updated Linux installers to use the latest Oracle JVM
OS X 10.7 or later