Rate This App/Post:
PowerPhotos allows you to break up your Photos.app images among multiple Photos libraries, rather than having to store all of them in one giant library. You can easily switch between libraries, or just browse the photos in your libraries directly from PowerPhotos, without having to open each library in Photos.
PowerPhotos also supports searching across all your libraries at once to help track down a particular photo. If you use iCloud Photo Library to sync photos with your other devices, splitting up your library can help save on iCloud storage costs. Use a single library to hold a smaller collection that you sync with iCloud, while keeping the bulk of your photos in separate libraries so they don’t take up space on iCloud. PowerPhotos can analyze your libraries for duplicate photos, showing them to you side-by-side and letting you get rid of extra copies of photos that you no longer need.
- Fixed a bug where albums in a folder that is sorted by name would not be displayed in the correct order
- Smart albums with a “Photo is referenced” rule now display the correct photos
- Fixed a bug when merging libraries with certain overlapping folder hierarchies that would cause some albums not to be created
- Improved drawing performance in grid view for certain libraries with manually rotated photos
- Cancelling a long operation while loading a library’s data now stops the operation much more quickly
- Fixed a bug in merge preview where photos from the destination library would be labeled as “Imported” rather than with the name of the library
- Added a “Quick Tour” window demonstrating PowerPhotos features on first launch
macOS 10.12.2 or later, 64-bit processor