Rate This App/Post:
Arnold is an advanced Monte Carlo ray tracing renderer built for the demands of feature-length animation and visual effects.
Originally co-developed with Sony Pictures Imageworks and now their main renderer, Arnold is used at over 300 studios worldwide including ILM, Framestore, MPC, The Mill and Digic Pictures. Arnold was the primary renderer on dozens of films from Monster House and Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs to Pacific Rim and Gravity. It is available as a standalone renderer on Linux, Windows and Mac OS X, and is accessible through plug-ins for Maya, Softimage, Houdini, and Katana. You may also like Cinemagraph Pro
- Seamless integration with C4D: objects (instances, cloners, deformers, generators), MoGraph geometry, hair, and splines.
- Support for both native particles and Thinking Particles.
- The fastest interactive rendering (IPR) of all Arnold plugins, allows parameter changes to be rapidly previewed without interrupting your work.
- Arnold Shading Network Editor, a node-based material editor.
- A comprehensive list of shaders and utilities, including vertex maps and preface materials.
- Volume rendering with OpenVDB.
- Deferred, render time generation of geometry with the Arnold procedural node.
- Native linear workflow.
- Team Render, including single-frame distributed rendering.
- Support for third party plugins like XParticles and Turbulence FD.
- Release notes were unavailable when this listing was updated.
OS X 10.7 or later, 64-bit processor