Rate This App/Post:
Soulver helps you do quick calculations and work things out. It’s quicker to use than a spreadsheet, and smarter and clearer than a traditional calculator.
You type out your problems as you would on paper, and Soulver calculates your answer as you type. You can do calculations over multiple lines, and use words alongside your numbers so they make sense. You may also like LaunchBar
Silver is great for adding things up, easily doing percentages, and converting things, like currencies.
Use Soulver to play around with numbers, do “back of the envelope” quick calculations, and solve day-to-day problems.
- See all your calculations all the time, and go back and change any of them.
- Use words amid your calculations so your numbers make sense
- Easily do percentages (“$100 – 10%”, “30 as a % of 200”)
- See a running total of all your lines
- Do easy conversions (“10 USD in Euros, “25 meters in feet”)
- Do calculations with stocks (“100 AAPL”)
- Connect your lines together using answer tokens.
- Create variables to hold frequently used numbers
- All the standard mathematical functions.
- Support for calculations in binary & hex.
- Save and export your work.
Documents & Sheets:
• You can now open, edit and save Soulver 3 files in Finder, rather than needing to import and export them to make edits.
• Added a duplicate sheet command.
• Added the ability to set default answer formatting options (under Tweak Engine…)
• Lines by default always match the default formatting. If you set any manual formatting options, they will always use the user-specified settings.
• You can reset lines to always use the default.
• The quick total now uses the default formatting options too.
• Added all the line formatting options to the answer contextual menu.
• Added a fraction formatting option (i.e 1.75 = 1 3/4)
• Added support for ‘vulgar fraction’ characters, like 1/2, 1/4, etc.
• Fixed an issue where fractions wouldn’t work as part of unit expressions.
• You can now use fractional units of time in date/time calculations (i.e 3pm + 1.5 hours)
• You can now use bracketed expressions as part of phrase functions (i.e (5+5) as a % of (10+10)).
• A time component is now always included in the result of a date and time calculation when it is included in the expression.
• Added an ‘mph’ unit (miles per hour)
• Added support for bps units (kbps, Mbps, Gbps, etc)
• Added additional electrical units (amps, volts, ohms) pressure units (bar, psi, atm), substance units (moles),
• Fixed an issue where specifying the output unit did not work with some date calculation phrases.
• Fixed an issue where system text replacements were not working in Soulver.
• Fixed an issue where fractional units without a 0 (like .5m) were not working correctly.
• Fixed a bug where references depending on subtotals would in certain cases not update after a line above had been deleted.
• Fixed a bug with multiplying pure percentages.
OS X 10.10.0 or later, 64-bit processor