Rate This App/Post:
SounceSource lets you adjust your input, output, and sound-effects devices and volume settings in mere moments, right from the menu bar. Enable soft play-thru of input devices to your desired output, so you can hear the sound coming in through any microphone or another source. With SoundSource, you get fast access to your Mac’s most important audio settings. You may also like TunesKit Audio Converter
- Instant Audio-Device Switching – With just two clicks, you can switch the audio devices your Mac is using for input, output, and even sound effects.
- Fast Volume Control – SoundSource provides easy access to the volume controls for your audio devices as well.
- Audio Play-Thru, Too – SoundSource’s Play-Thru window makes it easy to monitor the audio coming from an input device.
- Comprehensive – SoundSource gives you one place to go for all Mac’s most important audio controls.
- At Your Fingertips – With SoundSource running in your menu bar, your audio controls are always available.
- Lightweight – When you don’t need SoundSource, it stays out of your way.
- SoundSource now has preliminary compatibility with MacOS 10.15 (Catalina). However, please note that Apple now requires third-party Audio Unit plugins to be properly signed and notarized. As a result, many older plugins will not load in SoundSource on Catalina (nor in any other modern audio application). The developers of these individual plugins will need to issue properly signed updates to their plugins.
- The backend Audio Capture Engine (ACE) has been updated to 11.0.0, with preliminary MacOS 10.15 (Catalina) compatibility as well as other fixes and improvements.
- SoundSource now allows custom presets to be overwritten with new settings.
- An issue where Magic Boost could cause a brief glitch in initial audio playback has been corrected.
- Closing SoundSource’s main app window with the escape key or command + W now returns focus to the app which previously had it.
- The balance slider now correctly returns to 0 when adjusting via the arrow keys. Its read-outs when using VoiceOver have also been improved.
- A VoiceOver press of the menu bar icon now works as expected.
- Several other small bugs have been fixed, including a problem where the history of audio devices could be lost, an issue with the Knowledge Base article for Super Volume Keys not opening as expected, and a flicker when adjusting the menu bar icon.
- SoundSource now requires macOS 10.12 (Sierra) or higher. If you’re still on 10.11 (or lower), be sure to see our Legacy page.
- SoundSource’s wizard for installing, updating, and removing ACE (among other things) has been overhauled, with many small improvements and enhancements. Update notes are now presented on the first launch of a new version, and the wizard will now intelligently warn if uninstalling will impact other applications.
- The previous SoundSource 4.1.3 release was withdrawn approximately 20 hours after its release, due to issues loading third-party audio plugins. Its changelog items have been migrated to this subsequent 4.1.4 release.
OS X 10.10 or later, 64-bit processor