Rate This App/Post:
TextSoap is for people who work with text.
TextSoap effortlessly cleans up text from endlessly different formats. Wash away unwanted characters, spaces, tabs. Fix paragraphs with hard returns at the end of each line, as well as a myriad of other formatting issues that come your way and do it all while retaining desired font styles.
Unlike finding and replacing each of dozens of typical formatting issues or manually perusing through a file to find errors and fixing them by hand, TextSoap can automate that task down to just one click. And you can do it all from within your favorite app using the TextSoap Universal menu.
Easy to learn for casual users, TextSoap also has the flexibility that serious users need.
TextSoap has a fresh, new interface. We stripped off all the “chrome” to focus on your content, whether you are working with text, or building custom cleaners.
Improved Text Editor
TextSoap focuses on processing text, but sometimes you need a text editor too. It includes great new options like showing line numbers and being able to toggle wrapping of lines.
TextSoap offers up a large collection of more than 100 built-in cleaners. These cleaners can address your text issue completely, or serve as building blocks for a customized text processing solution.
Live Text Matching
Live text matching is great for trying out regular expressions. As you type in a valid expression, it shows you all the matches in your text. See exactly how matches come up.
Sharing cleaners means it is easier to create solutions for others, or use solutions others have created. New library files allow exporting multiple cleaners within a single file.
New Custom Cleaner Editor
Sometimes your specific text problem requires to customize a solution. The powerful new custom cleaner editor comes to the rescue, all with a simple drag-n-drop approach.
Color-coded actions make it easy to look at a custom cleaner definition and understand which actions are doing what.
Regex Syntax Highlighting
Regular Expressions are a powerful way to find the text. The new syntax highlighting helps you understand those expressions better. And the new expression validator makes it easier than ever to spot any potential errors.
- The app could strip off style information from Rich Text files (RTF, docx).
- Services inspector text did not display correctly in Dark Mode.
- Descriptions between Capitalize Sentences and Capitalize Sentences (Alt) were reversed.
- Show Group shortcut option did not display colors associated with group items.
- The app would not always respect preference for Appearance: Use Gray Clipboard Workspace Window.
- Mojave behavior change caused left margin of a text to slide underline ruler when toggling Show Line Numbers.
- Capitalize Sentences now works better with sentences that include quoted text.
OS X 10.10 or later, 64-bit processor