Rate This App/Post:
TinkerTool System for Mac is a collection of system utility features helping you in performing advanced administration tasks on Apple Macintosh computers. The application makes use of a self-adapting user interface which automatically adjusts to the computer model and to the version of OS X you are running. All options available in the current situation are accessible via “panes”, very similar to the techniques you already know from the System Preferences application. The features are controlled via a single window which allows you to use the application as a general toolbox and First Aid assistant. This includes: You may also like Picture Instruments Color Cone Standalone Pro
- built-in maintenance features of OS X, usually not visible on the graphical user interface;
- extended file operations, not available in the OS X Finder;
- the possibility to access advanced system settings which are not visible in System Preferences;
- genuine and unique features of TinkerTool System, designed to resolve typical real-world problems of administrators and to fix the effects of certain defects (“bugs”) in the operating system;
- an emergency tool to troubleshoot and repair OS X in cases where the graphical user interface is no longer starting correctly or the user account of the system administrator has been damaged;
- features to protect your privacy, e.g., by reviewing and editing the list of Internet cookies stored for your user account;
- functions to collect advanced information about the hardware, operating system, and applications.
Version 5.99 S2 (190614):
- Added support to create install media for future versions of macOS.
- The distribution package now uses the latest Gatekeeper security features.
- The standalone emergency utility was repackaged in order to maintain compatibility with future versions of Gatekeeper.
- Fixed a problem where the size analysis of an incremental Time Machine backup could result in an error message if the effect size was zero.
macOS 10.12 or later, 64-bit processor