Rate This App/Post:
TinkerTool System for Mac is a collection of system utility features helping you in performing advanced administration tasks on Apple Macintosh computers. The application makes use of a self-adapting user interface which automatically adjusts to the computer model and to the version of OS X you are running. All options available in the current situation are accessible via “panes”, very similar to the techniques you already know from the System Preferences application. The features are controlled via a single window which allows you to use the application as a general toolbox and First Aid assistant. This includes:
- built-in maintenance features of OS X, usually not visible on the graphical user interface;
- extended file operations, not available in the OS X Finder;
- the possibility to access advanced system settings which are not visible in System Preferences;
- genuine and unique features of TinkerTool System, designed to resolve typical real-world problems of administrators and to fix the effects of certain defects (“bugs”) in the operating system;
- an emergency tool to troubleshoot and repair OS X in cases where the graphical user interface is no longer starting correctly or the user account of the system administrator has been damaged;
- features to protect your privacy, e.g., by reviewing and editing the list of Internet cookies stored for your user account;
- functions to collect advanced information about the hardware, operating system, and applications.
- Added new feature to check whether the nesting of folders with long names may cause technical issues in some applications, when the maximum number of bytes in absolute file paths that is guaranteed to be supported by the operating system is exceeded.
- The application now makes the user aware if an old license with manual registration entry has been activated with the option to become valid for a non-administrative user account only. This configuration no longer makes sense, so the registration should be re-entered with the option to become either valid for an administrator or for all user accounts.
- The application no longer offers evaluation mode without license to non-administrative users because such accounts would not be capable to test all features.
- The application now makes clear that the diagnostic feature to test fans cannot be used with the iMac Pro at this time.
- The option not to wake mobile computers when the display lid is opened had to be removed. Although this setting is still offered and documented by Apple, it no longer has an effect on portable Macs.
- Fixed a problem where the toolbar button in the control window to navigate to the pane overview could not be pressed in certain situations.
macOS 10.12 or later, 64-bit processor