Rate This App/Post:
Trim Enabler lets you enable trim, monitor your disk health, optimize your performance, and benchmark your drive. Trim is a must-have feature for most Solid State Drives. It increases data writing speeds as well as the lifetime of the SSD. With Trim Enabler, you can bring that feature to macOS. It’s as easy as flipping a switch.
- Enable Trim – Flip the switch to enable trim safely and improve your data writing speeds and overall drive longevity.
- Monitor Health – The advanced health feature uses S.M.A.R.T technology to report drive status and remaining health.
- Optimize Performance – Access advanced macOS tweaks to improve your performance or free up to several gigabytes of disk space.
- Benchmark Speeds – Measure your disk performance easily and compare it to manufacturers’ claims.
What is Trim?
Every time you delete a file on your computer, the data still stays on the drive in segments called blocks. These blocks are not deleted until you need to use them again to write new data. Due to technical limitations in the NAND Flash design, only whole blocks can be deleted. This means that when you need to write new data, the SSD must perform time-consuming cleaning and maintenance of these blocks before your data is written. With Trim, your blocks can be cleaned instantly when you delete the data, leading to many fewer operations during the writing process which gives you better speeds and minimizes the wear on the drive.
- Release notes were unavailable when this listing was updated.
OS X 10.7 or later, 64-bit processor