Rate This App/Post:
Vellum is an eBook-generating tool that lets you easily create an eBook from a text manuscript or from scratch within the application. Choose the appropriate style from several options, view instant previews of the finished product, and easily generate and regenerate eBooks with a single click to avoid disaster upon finding mistakes.
Find Your Style
Pick the perfect style for your book from dozens of possible formatting options in Vellum’s Style Carousel.
See Your eBook Instantly
Take the guesswork out of eBook creation with Vellum’s instant, as-you-type preview. Visualize your book with different readers, font sizes and color schemes, all without connecting a single cable.
Generate and Regenerate
With one click, generate eBooks for iBooks, Kindle, and Nook. Find a mistake? Fix it and generate again.
Share with friends or get early feedback from beta readers. When you’re ready to publish, upload to your choice of stores: you own your files and can manage them as you wish.
Create Your eBook
Use Vellum to create your eBook, explore styles, and instantly preview how it will be seen by readers. All for free.
When you’re ready, simply activate eBook Generation with an in-app purchase. Vellum’s flexible pricing allows you to decide what works best for the number of books you publish.
- When using macOS 10.13 High Sierra, tall cover images are no longer cut off in Vellum’s preview
- Fixed cases where italics or font choices could cause unbalanced spreads in print
- Improved potentially-inaccurate paragraph-after-break previews in Vellum’s style carousel
- Replaced problematic style declarations for inline images in Kindle ebooks
- To avoid potential warnings from KDP, removed all uses of line-height from Kindle ebooks
OS X 10.11 or later, 64-bit processor