Rate This App/Post:
Wirecast Pro For Mac is an all-in-one live streaming production application that provides the required tools to capture video, encode it and broadcast it to multiple servers and platforms at the same time.
Support for a wide variety of camera models
You can use Wirecast 9 For Mac with an unlimited number of camera inputs ranging from web cams to DV/HDV, SDI cameras to IP and web-based sources and wireless devices. You just have to plugin your device and Wirecast will automatically recognize it as a live feed.
The supported input sources include USB, Web cams, SDI, composite, S-Video, DV/HDV, Component, HD-SDI, HDMI sources, IP Cameras, ONVIF, Web stream source and screen capture sources.
What is more, you can use Desktop Presenter to broadcast your own desktop if you need to display Keynote or PowerPoint presentations, product demonstrations, online interviews or game streams.
Layer-based editing system
Moreover, Wirecast 8 features support for up to 35 layers of live compositing. Hence, you can effortlessly place watermarks, background music and other visual elements over your webcast.
As expected, you can also add titles and lower thirds, with more than 30 built-in professional looking broadcast title themes. You just have to select the one that fits your content, type in the text and apply it to your broadcast.
You can also use well-designed transitions to switch from different sources and generate effects and transitions in real time.
By using Wirecast, you can easily stream to multiple destinations using different bitrates at the same time. Thus, you can stream in both SD and HD to a live streaming service and even your own internal streaming server.
You can stream and or save your production to your Mac’s hard disk if you intend to archive the video or distribute it on-demand. Wirecast’s External Display Output feature helps you display your live Wirecast stream on an external monitor for your in-house audience.
- NEW – XKeys 128 Support
- Full control of layers, sources and transitions
- Audio Mixer and Audio Preview controls
- Start and Stop Wirecast outputs
- Replay Controls
- NEW – PTZOptics PTZ Control using Visca over IP
- Control the Pan, Tilt and Zoom of PTZOptics cameras over a local area network
- PTZ Controller window allows users to create and recall presets for fast repositioning of known positions
- Assign PTZ Presets to shots for seamless switching between PTZ Presets
- NEW – Add Source Menu Redesign
- New dark theme
- New Search Field to easily find sources
- New Categories for sources
- Favorite Category allows easy access to frequently used sources
- NEW – Facebook Live – with User Cod
- Authorize Wirecast to stream to a Facebook account without giving out Facebook login credentials
- “Set and forget” workflow allows for minimal Wirecast configuration before each new broadcast
Fixes & Improvements
Fixes In 9.0.1
- Fixed – Certain Wirecast 8.3 documents crashing when loaded in Wirecast 9.0
OS X 10.10 or later, 64-bit processor